- English Word Vulvitis Definition Inflammation of the vulva.
- English Word Vulvo-uterine Definition Pertaining both to the vulva and the uterus.
- English Word Vulvovaginal Definition Pertaining both to the vulva and the vagina.
- English Word Vyce Definition A kind of clamp with gimlet points for holding a barrel head while the staves are being closed around it.
- English Word Vying Definition of Vie
- English Word Vying Definition a. & n. from Vie. W () the twenty-third letter of the English alphabet, is usually a consonant, but sometimes it is a vowel, forming the second element of certain diphthongs, as in few, how. It takes its written form and its name from the repetition of a V, this being the original form of the Roman capital letter which we call U. Etymologically it is most related to v and u. See V, and U. Some of the uneducated classes in England, especially in London, confuse w and v, substituting the one for the other, as weal for veal, and veal for weal; wine for vine, and vine for wine, etc. See Guide to Pronunciation, // 266-268.