- English Word Yunx Definition A genus of birds comprising the wrynecks.
- English Word Yupon Definition Same as Yaupon.
- English Word Yux Definition See Yex, n.
- English Word Yvel Definition Evil; ill.
- English Word Ywar Definition Aware; wary.
- English Word Ywis Definition Certainly; most likely; truly; probably. Z () Z, the twenty-sixth and last letter of the English alphabet, is a vocal consonant. It is taken from the Latin letter Z, which came from the Greek alphabet, this having it from a Semitic source. The ultimate origin is probably Egyptian. Etymologically, it is most closely related to s, y, and j; as in glass, glaze; E. yoke, Gr. /, L. yugum; E. zealous, jealous. See Guide to Pronunciation, // 273, 274.