- English Word Xyridaceous Definition Of or pertaining to a natural order (Xyrideae) of endogenous plants, of which Xyris is the type.
- English Word Xyris Definition A genus of endogenous herbs with grassy leaves and small yellow flowers in short, scaly-bracted spikes; yellow-eyed grass. There are about seventeen species in the Atlantic United States.
- English Word Xyst Definition Alt. of Xystus
- English Word Xystarch Definition An office/ having the superintendence of the xyst.
- English Word Xyster Definition An instrument for scraping bones. Y () Y, the twenty-fifth letter of the English alphabet, at the beginning of a word or syllable, except when a prefix (see Y-), is usually a fricative vocal consonant; as a prefix, and usually in the middle or at the end of a syllable, it is a vowel. See Guide to Pronunciation, // 145, 178-9, 272.
- English Word Xystus Definition A long and open portico, for athletic exercises, as wrestling, running, etc., for use in winter or in stormy weather.