- English Word Eyren Definition of Ey
- English Word Eyren Definition See Ey, an egg.
- English Word Eyrie Definition Alt. of Eyry
- English Word Eyry Definition The nest of a bird of prey or other large bird that builds in a lofty place; aerie.
- English Word Eysell Definition Same as Eisel. F () F is the sixth letter of the English alphabet, and a nonvocal consonant. Its form and sound are from the Latin. The Latin borrowed the form from the Greek digamma /, which probably had the value of English w consonant. The form and value of Greek letter came from the Phoenician, the ultimate source being probably Egyptian. Etymologically f is most closely related to p, k, v, and b; as in E. five, Gr. pe`nte; E. wolf, L. lupus, Gr. ly`kos; E. fox, vixen ; fragile, break; fruit, brook, v. t.; E. bear, L. ferre. See Guide to Pronunciation, // 178, 179, 188, 198, 230.